Lectures aren’t bad…..bad lectures are bad. Take time to make your lectures interactive, to put the focus on those listening and give them the power to interact with the content and with each other and you change the dynamics in a classroom really quickly. You put the focus on the learner not the content and that is never a bad thing.
No, no, no! For one simple reason: Nearly all lecture, no matter how interactive, is simply content delivery. We need to get teachers out of the content-delivery business and have them spend their time on what really matters, facilitating student engagement through project-based activities, authentic assessment, and mastery learning.
12 Notes/ Hide
- tintonojutsu reblogged this from visualturn
- genzeb likes this
- saladgoesmoo reblogged this from gjmueller
- moondogkingdom likes this
- sandeepchauhan likes this
- visualturn reblogged this from gjmueller and added:
- thisisamutiny likes this
- billfairford likes this
- michelleb57 likes this
- finalscluborg reblogged this from gjmueller
- quietstorm1234 likes this
- teejay82 likes this
- gjmueller posted this